Best Gifts Over $200 - Part Two: 2023 Holiday Gift GuideBest Gifts over $200, 2022 Holiday Gift Guide, Skiing, Gift Guide, ski touring, backcountry skiing Backcountry Skiing Canada's 2023 Holiday Gift Guide. 2023-Holiday-Gift-Guide-200 Best Gifts Over $200: 2023 Holiday Gift Guide Welcome to our 8th Annual Backcountry Skiing Canada Holiday Gift Guide. We're going to start things off easy with the under $50-$100 category, followed by the $100-$200 gifts before we culminate with the $200+ gift ideas. No matter what price range your spending preferences land in we're sure you'll find the perfect gift for that adventurer on your holiday gift list.
Top Gifts Over $200
This is the priciest category in our Holiday Gift Guide and we've found so many ideal gifts in this price range that we've had to split this price category into two posts, the first one can be found here. If you are looking for less costly gift ideas then be sure to check out our gifts $50- $100 and gifts between $100-$200. Happy Shopping.
Garmin Fenix 7S Pro Solar
Garmin’s Fenix 7 line of Multisport GPS Watches comes in three face sizes—the 42mm Fenix 7S (or small), 47mm Fenix 7 and 51mm Fenix 7X—all of which come in standard, solar and sapphire solar options and now Solar Pro.
The Fenix 7 Pro is the latest in Garmin’s smartwatch wearable technology with the biggest improvement being a new Optical Heart Rate Sensor, Software updates and an integrated flashlight which is now standard no matter which size of Fenix 7 Pro Solar you choose. The new Gen 5 Elevate Optical heart rate sensor uses 6 LEDs for more accurate measurements along with a new algorithm to process the results more accurately.
While the flashlight option is not new to the Fenix lineup it is new to the smaller 42 and 47mm watch options as it was previously only available on the 7X version. The flashlight provides about 16 lux of output which is about 1/2 as bright as your iPhone 4 but still provides an impressive amount of light when you need it. There are four different brightness levels options to choose from along with a red light option for when you don’t want to disturb anyone who is sleeping.
The Fenix 7 Pro of course has all the features of the Fenix 7 such as the touch screen interface, Multi-band GPS, and improved battery life thanks to the larger more efficient solar panel located on the screen bevel. You also get all world maps for free and a new Ski View that shows ski resorts and run names across the world. If you want to customize your Fenix 7X you can now configure the Fenix 7X watch directly from the smartphone app and you can also download apps from the Garmin Connect IQ Store directly on the watch with no need to do this from the smartphone app any longer.
You can expect a maximum battery life with GPS use of 90 hours/162 hours with solar charging (assumed all-day wear with 3 hours per day outside in 50,000 lux conditions). In Battery Saver Watch Mode the Fenix 7 Pro will last up to 38 days/87 days with solar. If you use the smartwatch options then you can expect 11/14 days with solar. In expedition mode, the battery will last up to 26 days or 43 days with solar and when using all satellite systems and playing music you can expect up to 7 hours of battery life.
The Fenix 7 is a very impressive multisport GPS watch and Garmin has only improved upon this with the latest Fenix 7 Pro version which is why it is our watch of choice for backcountry skiing and summer adventure and it should be yours too.
- Scratch-resistant Power Glass 1.2” display uses the sun’s energy to extend battery life
- Highly responsive touchscreen interface
- Real-time stamina tracking, training status, advanced performance metrics and 30+ built-in sports apps
- Wrist-based heart rate, Pulse Ox (not available in all countries), stress and enhanced sleep tracking
- Multi-band frequency and GNSS network support (GPS, GLONASS and Galileo)
- Colour Display
- Heart Rate Monitor
- Bluetooth / Wifi Connectivity
- Connect IQ
- Music Storagev
- Smartphone Compatibility
- Garmin Pay
- Step Counter
- Sleep Tracking
- Sports Apps
- New Features on the Fenix 7 Pro plus those from the Fenix 7
- Fenix 7 Pro
- Optical heart rate sensor uses an Elevate 5.0 sensor with 6 LEDs
- Flashlight on all sizes now (was just on the Fenix 7X)
- Software updates
- Fenix 7
- Flashlight on the front edge
- Multi-band GPS
- Gen 4 Elevate Optical heart rate sensor
- Improved battery life with a larger more efficient solar panel
- Up Ahead Feature
- Map Manager
- Stamina feature based on body battery
- Configure watch setting from the smartphone app
- Ski View shows resort and run names
- Health Snapshot feature
- Additional activity profiles added
- Graphical upgrades
- Garmin Connect IQ Store on the watch so you can download apps from the watch and don’t need the phone app
- Button guard
- Fibre-reinforced polymer case material with titanium bezel and rear cover
- Silicone quick-release 26mm watch band
Dimensions: 42 x 42 x 14.1 mm
Weight: 63g / 2.2oz
Display: 1.2” (30.4 mm) diameter 240x240-pixel resolution, sunlight-visible, transflective memory-in-pixel (MIP)
Storage: 32GB internal storage for up to 2000 songs
Water resistance: 10 ATM
Waterproof: 100 metres
Connectivity and sensors: WiFi, Bluetooth, ANT+, GPS, GLONASS, Galileo, BeiDou, QZSS, optical HR, barometer, compass, altimeter, Pulse Ox
MEC Couloir Gore-Tex Insulated Jacket
Like MEC’s Couloir Gore-Tex Jacket which uses three-layer GORE-TEX fabric for optimal waterproof/breathability performance, their Couloir Gore-Tex Insulated Jacket uses this same fabric but with the addition of Primaloft Gold insulation. This means that you’ll stay dry and warm when the mercury plummets or while enjoying the views from hard-earned summits. With just the right amount of Primaloft Gold insulation, the Couloir Gore-Tex Insulated Jacket is ideal for mountaineering, climbing and skiing. If you build up too much heat the built-in underarm vents have 2-way zippers to strategically dump heat quickly. A helmet-compatible hood and high hand-warmer pockets are designed so that you can wear a climbing harness or hipbelt without impeding their use. There is also a zippered chest pocket and internal oversized stow pockets which are ideal for storing smaller essentials.
A clean design and solid construction allow the Couloir Gore-Tex Insulated Jacket to stand up to the rigours of mountain adventures. With a price of just under $750, you’ll have plenty of budget left for purchasing other gear on your wish list.
- 2-layer recycled nylon shell with a GORE-TEX® membrane and DWR finish for superior waterproofness and breathability
- GORE-TEX C-Knit™ lining slides easily over other layers and reduces weight while adding breathability
- Breathable Primaloft Gold synthetic insulation is body-mapped for warmth in the torso and mobility in the sleeves and hood
- Fully seam-taped construction keeps you dry in howling conditions
- Helmet-compatible hood has embedded cordlock adjustments for a snag-free profile
- Articulated arms and patterning ensure unrestricted movement
- Large front pockets sit high for backpack and harness compatibility
- Zippered chest pocket and internal oversized stow pockets store essentials
- Underarm vents have 2-way zippers to release heat
- Velcro® cuffs and shock-cord adjustable hem seals out snow and drafts
- Contoured cuffs layer well with gloves
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate it under snow
- Face fabric - 70-denier recycled nylon
- Lining/backer - 20-denier recycled nylon
Colours: Earthern Gold, Dark Forest
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL
BCA Stash Pro 32 Pack
Backcountry Access’s new Stash Pro 32 is a fully featured ski touring pack designed to help you navigate the backcountry safely, whether it be a quick side-country lap or an all-day backcountry buffet. Based on their E2 Float pack, the new Pro 32 Pack has a similar slim riding design and a long list of features which include ski/board/ice axe/helmet carry options, back stash zip and huge side stash pockets.
Instead of a back panel access, BCA has integrated their innovative Curved Side Access Zip which allows you to sling the pack over one shoulder and access all your gear in the main compartment without having to take the pack off. There is also a dedicated avi tool compartment and BC Link Radio integration so you can seamlessly stay connected with your group. The new Stash Pro also comes in a smaller 22L version as well as a non-pro 40L, 30L, and 20L versions. The non-pro versions do not have a side stash pocket, back stash zip, curved side access zip, or BC Link pocket which makes these packs lighter and more streamlined for those who don’t want all these additional features.
Since BCA also created top notch probes, shovels, saws, and radios you can have a cohesive BCA backcountry skiing safety experience that is integrated seamlessly in their new Stash Pro 32 Pack.
- Side Stash Pocket
- Dedicated Shovel/Probe Compartment
- Back Stash Zip
- Curved Side Access Zip
- BC Link Radio Compatible
- Compression Straps
- A-Frame Ski Carry
- Diagonal Ski Carry
- Vertical Snowboard Carry
- Removeable Internal Compartment Divider
- Helmet Carry
- Removeable Hip Belt Pocket(s)
- Hip Belt Tool Loop
- Hydration Compatible
- Ice Axe Carry
- External Loops
- Fleece-lined Goggle Sleeve
- Molded "Cooling Fin" Back Panel
- Molded Back Panel
- Internal Support Frame/Frame sheet
- Modular/Removeable/Replaceable Straps
- PU Coated Nylon 420d Ripstop, PU Coated Nylon 210d Double Ripstop, Lining -200D PE Ripstop
Sizes: S/M, M/L
Weight: 1156g / 2.55lb S/M; g / 2.59lb/ 1174g M/L
Black Diamond First Light Stretch Hoody
Black Diamond’s First Light Stretch Hoody is a four-season insulated jacket that breathes extremely well and won’t inhibit your movement thanks to its super stretch design and fabrics. The First Light Stretch Hoody has been in Black Diamond’s lineup for a few years now but this new version has been completely overhauled and is more streamlined and breathable thanks to the strategic fabric placement and body mapping design. It uses migration-resistant Primaloft Gold Active insulation on the front, top of the arms and around the shoulders where more warmth is required. A 20D nylon ripstop face fabric with PFC-free DWR Technology ensures that these areas are still quite breathable while under the arms and on the back of the First Light Stretch Hoody you’ll find a much more breathable fabric that dumps heat more effectively where you need it.
Additional features include an adjustable, climbing-helmet-compatible hood, a low-profile, single-adjust hem and a highly packable design that stuffs into the internal stretch mesh pocket and clips onto your climbing harness.
This is the perfect layer for backcountry skiing, rock climbing, and alpine hiking since it repels the weather, provides a full range of motion and is surprisingly durable.
- Migration-resistant PrimaLoft® Gold Active Insulation
- 20D nylon ripstop face fabric with PFC-free DWR Technology
- Lightweight, stretch lining for added breathability
- Mapped insulation throughout body, shoulders, and arms
- Adjustable, climbing-helmet-compatible hood with drawcord adjustment
- Underarm gussets for added range of motion
- Low-profile, single-adjust hem
- Stows in internal chest pocket with carabiner clip loop
- Two concealed-zip hand pockets
- Primary fabric is Bluesign approved
- ECO Label Status
Colours: Black, Creek Blue, Tundra, Octane, Pewter
Sizes: S, M, L, XL
Zeal Cloudfall Goggles
Zeal’s Cloudfall Ski & Snowboard Goggles use their innovative and award-winning patented Rail Lock System that uses magnets to allow you to quickly and securely change lenses. Both the main and bonus secondary lenses have a distortion-free field of view that Zeal calls their Observation Deck Technology. This spherical lens design provides an improved field of view and overall clarity. The Cloudfall Goggles we tested came with an Optimum Polarized Automatic Plus lens which is ZEAL's patented Polarized + Photochromic lens technology which adjusts automatically to changing light conditions. This lens comes with Zeal’s Everclear Anti-fog and Permashield Hardcoat technologies to ensure the lenses never fog up and are durable enough to resist any scratches. The GB lens features a grey base for added contrast in low-light conditions, and automatically adjusts from a low-light grey with a 38% VLT, to a high visibility, deep rose with an 18% VLT for sunny conditions. Other features built into the Cloudfall Goggles include upper and lower venting to help regulate interior airflow and ensure fogging is kept at bay. They also have a plush triple layer face foam which offers a comfy fit and the dual strap system with a triple beaded silicon coating on the strap ensures that they fit well and stay put.
The Cloudfall Goggles are packed with technology and innovation so they function well in any environment while making you look good and not breaking the bank.
- Polarized lens heightens color, definition and detail while reducing eyestrain; polarization cuts glare and reflected light while highlighting ice and hardpack
- Patented Rail Lock System (RLS) features a semi-rimless design for unsurpassed peripheral vision and a dual sliding rail system that guides, slides and locks lens in place
- Semi-rimless frames are equipped with upper and lower venting
- Observation Deck Technology (ODT) provides a distortion-free field of view
- Spherical polycarbonate lens curves vertically and horizontally to enhance peripheral vision; increased volume creates less distortion and helps reduce glare and fogging
- Everclear Anti-Fog molecules are infused into the lens material—not sprayed on—so the treatment cannot be wiped off, ensuring these goggles last longer against the elements
- 100% UVA/UVB defense delivers protection from the sun's harmful rays
- Lens is equipped with tough Permashield Hardcoat to battle scratches and scuffs
- Triple-layer foam positions supersoft microfleece against your face; 2 layers of increasingly dense padding create a fog- and wind-free fit
- Designed to be compatible with most helmets, including those built for snowmobiling and mountain biking
- Dual-strap adjustment allows you to perfect your goggles position; No Slip Grip strap ensures that your goggles will stay exactly where you want them
- Over The Glass (OTG) ready means they can be worn with or without glasses
- Bonus Optimum Persimmon Sky Blue Mirror lens is included, so you're covered on even the stormiest days
- Goggles come with a microfiber bag with 2 pouches to store your goggles and accessory lens
UV Protection: 100 percent
Lens Shape: Spherical
Helmet Compatible: Yes
Eyewear Compatible: Yes
Interchangeable Lenses: Yes
Arc’teryx Sabre Insulated Midlayer
Your options for winter apparel aren’t complete unless you have a warm, breathable mid-layer jacket and that’s just what Arc’teryx’s new Sabre Jacket is. Designed for backcountry adventures or lapping the resort, the Sabre Insulated Midlayer is made with air-permeable Fortius Air 50 face fabric to help regulate temperature. It breaths when you start to overheat and can transport vapour while still keeping you warm thanks to the Coreloft insulation which is also highly breathable. Features include an insulated adjustable StormHood which easily fits over a climbing or ski helmet, a built-in RECCO® reflector and articulated patterning for optimal mobility as you move. There is an internal chest pocket for valuables and items you need to keep warm like your phone and two zippered hand pockets for larger items or to keep your hands warm on colder days.
The Sabre Insulated Midlayer contains raw materials made with at least 30% recycled content that are Bluesign approved and it uses significantly less water and energy in the dyeing process by using a Dope dying process.
Well-designed, versatile and environmentally conscious, the new Arc’teryx Sabre Insulated Midlayer is one to consider for any winter adventure.
- Articulated patterning for unrestricted mobility
- RECCO® reflector aids search and rescue in emergency situations
- Internal chest pocket
- Two hand pockets with zippers
- Adjustable StormHood
- Contains materials that meet the bluesign® criteria
- Dope dyed uses significantly less water and energy in the dyeing process
- Contains raw materials made with at least 30% portion of recycled content
- Sell: Fortius™ Air 50 - 84% nylon, 16% elastane - FC0 DWR, bluesign Approved Material
- Insulation: Coreloft™ 60 (60 g/m²) and 80 (80 g/m²) - 80% Recycled Polyester, 20% Polyester - bluesign Approved Material
Colours: Black, Pytheas/Boxcar
Sizes: XS, S, M, L, XL, XXL
Weight: 535g / 1lb 2.9oz
Gregory Women’s Targhee 30
Gregory’s Targhee ski touring pack has been my go-to pack for multiple ski seasons and I’m happy to see that they now offer a women's specific version. The new Women’s Targhee is designed to fit a woman’s body with a revised harness that is shorter with a narrower torso dimension and a hip belt and shoulder straps that are contoured to accommodate a woman’s body.
The Targhee has a Vertflex suspension system that uses a perimeter alloy frame for vertical stability, while still maintaining flexibility for movement thanks to the flexible frame panel and anti-barreling cross stays. The pack includes a snow-shedding back panel with a U-zip entry for easy access to your gear, and a 1000D Cordura front panel to protect your pack against metal edges. There is a built-in diagonal and A-frame ski carry along with a back snowboard carry, and ice tools can be attached via a lightweight bungee system with aluminum toggles and a pick sleeve. A front avalanche safety pocket fits your shovel, probe saw and extra gear while the helmet carry tucks into a front zipper pocket when not needed. There is also an internal hydration sleeve with an insulated shoulder strap to help prevent your water from freezing on colder days. All of the pack’s components such as compression straps and zippers are glove-friendly to make it easy to access any of your gear.
If the Women’s Targhee 30 is too much pack for you then there is also the Targhee 24 which is better suited for shorter tours and retails for $179.95US.
- Built with fabrics using recycled content, resulting in 42% reduction in the carbon footprint compared to a conventional nylon pack
- 1000D Cordura® front diagonal edge guard panel for protection from metal edges
- Anodized Aluminum hardware for easy, durable use in the cold
- VertFlex suspension with anti-barreling cross-stay for support with torsional flexibility
- U-Zip backpanel access with compression molded, snow-shedding backpanel design
- Padded shoulder straps with insulated hydration sleeve and sternum strap with integrated safety whistle
- Hipbelt is shaped to work with a harness and includes a zippered pocket and gear loop with ice clipper attachment points
- Bottom reinforced loops for A-Frame ski/splitboard carry
- Front straps with aluminum hooks can be configured for diagonal carry or vertical snowshoe/snowboard carry
- Internal hydration sleeve with hose routing loops, universal reservoir hanger, and hydration port
- Lightweight, durable bungee ice tool system with Aluminum toggles and pick sleeve
- Large, zippered top pocket with an internal zippered security pocket and key clip
- Deployable helmet carry system in a front zippered compartment
- Front zippered pocket with sleeves for a probe, shovel handle, and shovel blade
- Dual layered bottom panel for durability and tubular webbing reinforced haul handle
- Side compression with cam-locking buckles for secure ski-carry
- Custom comfort-grip molded zipper pulls and glove-friendly hardware
- External - 100% Blended Recycled Nylon
- Frame - 3mm Alloy Steel & 3mm Alloy anti-barreling stay & HDPE
- Pack Body- 210D High Density 40% Recycled Nylon with PFC-Free DWR & 1000D Cordura® Nylon
- Pack Bottom - 630D High Density Nylon / 135D High Density Polyester
- Lining - 40% Post-consumer Recycled 135D Polyester with PFC-Free DWR
- Suspension - Multi-Density EVA foam
Colour: Jade Green
Sizes: Extra Small/Small, Small/Medium
Weight: 1.31kg / 2.88lbs
Volume: 28L / 1709cu in.
Max Carry Weight: 16kg / 35lbs
Packed Dimensions: 55.2 x 33.7 x 28.6cm / 21.75 x 13.25 x 11.25"
Helly Hansen Odin Backcountry Infinity Shell Jacket and Pants
Helly Hansen's new Odin Backcountry Infinity Shell Jacket and Pants have been designed from the ground up specifically for backcountry skiers. They are a lightweight 3L kit with superior breathability and moisture management is key.
Using LIFA INFINITY™ technology, the new Odin BC Infinity fabric provides a professional-grade waterproof/breathable performance without any added chemical treatments. The Odin Jacket has an innovative zippered opening in the front which provides access to your midlayer, beacon harness and stow pocket without having to open the front zipper. The front zipper is also slightly moved to the side the jacket is less cluttered around the face which improves breathability.
On the pants, there is a built-in D-ring to attach your transceiver as well as a RECCO® reflector on both the pants and jacket to ensure you are searchable in the wilderness. The articulated knees and crotch gusset provide added mobility while zippers on the thighs provide ventilation zippers to dump heat effectively on those long steep up tracks.
The combination of the Helly Hansen Odin Backcountry Infinity Shell Jacket and Pants is ideal for long days touring in the backcountry but also works well in the resort for those days when you don’t venture out past the boundary ropes.
“Innovation and our relationship with professionals are really at the heart of everything we do,” said Sofia Jonsson, Category Manager for Outdoor at Helly Hansen. “No one else knows the mountains better than search and rescue teams and ski patrollers, and with this capsule collection, we wanted to give them everything they were looking for to support them both at work and at play on the mountain. With their collaboration and feedback, we’re confident the Odin Backcountry collection will deliver for anyone looking to make the most of their time outdoors this fall/winter season.”
- HELLY TECH® PROFESSIONAL
- Fully seam sealed
- 3-layer construction
- LIFA INFINITY™
- SKI FREE pass at selected resorts with the purchase of this product
- Embroidered Helly Hansen (HH) logo
- D Ring for beacon
- PFC-free DWR
- Recycled Content
- Adjustable cuffs
- Adjustable bottom hem
- Vertical and horizontal hood adjustment
- Brushed tricot chin guard
- Beacon specific pocket
- Chest pocket
- Mechanical ventilation zippers
- Articulated sleeves for optimal mobility
- Helmet compatible hood
- Backpack compatible pockets
- Flat brim
- YKK® - 2-way zipper
- Side zipper for easy on and off
- Belt loops
- Thigh pocket
- Reinforcement fabric on bottom hem
- Adjustable snow gaiter at bottom leg
- Gusset in crotch for freedom of movement
- Adjustable suspenders
- Integrated belt
- Articulated knees for better comfort and fit
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, 2XL
Montana Adrenaline Skins
Montana’s Adrenaline Skins use the company’s proprietary Fusiontec adhesive which is a glueless technology that is sticky yet easy to clean with dish soap and water. This adhesion system means the skins are lighter than traditional glue skins but they are still very durable and perform well.
Made from a 65% Mohair / 35% Nylon mix, the Adrenaline Skins combine mohair and synthetic fibre to provide a robust grip and smooth glide while still being quite abrasion resistant. The nylon content extends the skin’s life and provides excellent climbing properties with an excellent glide in all temperature ranges. The skin pile is equipped with a hydrophobic coating which remains permanently water-repellent and keeps the skins light on warmer days as they will not absorb water.
If a glueless climbing skin is not what you are after Montana also has traditional glue skins in the form of their Montana MontaSprint Skins. These skins are 100% Mohair for optimal glide and grip and this natural fibre remains supple at low temperatures as well as durable, they are priced at $230US.
- 65% mohair, 35% nylon
- Front and Back attachment are pre-mounted
- Cut width only
- Washable without loss of adhesion
- Effortlessly removes stubborn stains and wax residues
- No recoating required
- Optimal adhesion at low temperatures
- Easy handling without protective film
- Revolutionary adhesion without adhesive
- Simple and fast skinning on and off
- Water-repellent skin technology
- Low packing volume
Sizes: 150-159, 160-169, 170-179, 180-189cm
Fabric: 65% mohair, 35% nylon
Outdoor Research Deviator Hoody
The Deviator Hoody has been in Outdoor Research’s lineup for several years now, in fact, we reviewed a much earlier version of it way back in 2018. A lot has changed with the Deviator Hoody since this time but it remains a lightweight and breathable cool weather jacket with just the right amount of wind protection and insulator for high-output activities.
It uses an innovative insulation called VerticalX™ Octa which does not require an interior liner fabric and has an open structure, allowing it to breathe more effectively. It's also 50% lighter than traditional polyester insulation, has an outstanding warmth-to-weight ratio, is superb at wicking moisture, and is soft against the skin. This is paired with hybrid-mapped ActiveTemp™ fabrics so that you have more insulation where you need it and less where you don’t like under the arms and on the back of the jacket. A 20D stretch-woven softshell fabric is used on the front, shoulders, sleeves, and hood of the Deviator Hoody to provide weather resistance and a breathable polyester/spandex grid fleece is found on the back, side panels, and under the arms to provide greater mobility and a full range of motion.
The Deviator Hoody is built for a wide range of high-energy activities in cooler weather such as trail running, hiking and ski touring. The Deviator Hoodie retains warmth when you’re stationary and sheds heat when you’re moving.
- Wind and Weather Resistant
- Movement Mirroring Stretch
- Highly Breathable
- Strategically Placed Weather Protection, Stretch and Breathability
- Lightweight Breathable Knit Insulation at Hood, Shoulders, Sleeves and Front Body
- Insulated Hood with Bonded Brim and Stretch Elastic Opening
- Zip Chest and Hand Pockets
- Reflective Logos for Visibility
- bluesign® approved 90% Nylon, 10% Spandex, 20D Stretch Woven Shell at Hood, Shoulders, Sleeves and Front Body
- bluesign® approved 95% Polyester 5% Spandex Stretch Grid Fleece with ActiveTemp™ Finish at Back Body, Side Panels and Under Sleeve
- bluesign® approved 100% Polyester VerticalX™ Octa Insulation at Interior of Hood, Shoulders, Sleeves and Front Body
Colours: Black, Grove, Topaz/Black
Sizes: S, M, L, XL, XXL, XXXL
Weight: 354g / 12.5oz
Mobile Warming Premium BT Heated Insoles
No one likes cold feet while skiing, ski touring or snowshoeing and now there’s a solution from Mobile Warming. Their updated Premium BT Heated Insoles provide lasting warmth and extra cushion for all-day comfort. Keeping your toes warm promotes circulation, decreases numbness, and provides a much better winter experience overall. The Premium BT Heated Insoles are controlled via a seamless Bluetooth connection via Mobile Warming’s MW Connect™ app (hence the BT in the name). Using your phone you can wirelessly select one of 4 heat settings to enjoy up to 7 hours of heat on a single charge. The Integrated 3.7-Volt rechargeable Lithium-Ion battery recharges quickly with the included split micro-USB charging cable. Constructed with durable deodorized Polyurethane fabric the Premium BT Heated Insoles are comfortable and supportive.
Their ultra-thin design fits a variety of footwear, from work boots to running shoes or ski and snowboard boots so there is no need to ever have cold feet again.
- Ultra-thin Heated insole for best comfort
- Fits in a variety of shoes and footwear
- Heat Zone Under the Toes
- 3 Selectable Heat Settings: High: 150°F - Up to 2+ Hours, Med: 140°F - Up to 3.5 hours, Low: 115°F - Up to 7 hours
- Bluetooth Control with MW Connect App
- Up to 7+ Hours of Heat Per Charge
- Integrated 3.7volt
Includes: A pair Premium Heated Insoles w/ internal battery and a split Micro-USB charging cable.
Grecell T-500 Portable Power Station
Your power needs at home when the electrical grid fails or on the road when you are car camping/overlonding off the grid are easily taken care of by Grecell’s new T-500 Portable Power Station. The unit’s reliable lithium battery has pure sine wave AC outlets capable of 519Wh (140400mAh) so you can power up to ten of your devices and small appliances simultaneously, such as a phone, laptop, tablet, car refrigerator and more. The T-500 has a built-in Battery Management System (BMS), which protects devices through temperature control, over voltage protection, over current protection, and short circuit protection functions.
The T-500 is equipped with 2 AC output ports (110V/500W), 3 USB-A QC3.0 ports (18W max), 1 USB-C PD output (20V/3A, 60W max), 2 DC ports (12V/5A), 1 Car Port (12V/10A) and 1 wireless charger 9V/1.1A,10W). This means you can plug in almost anything you need to power up and on top of the unit there is a wireless charge pad for your cell phone which is really convenient. The T-500 can be easily recharged in about 6 hours with any compatible 100W or 200W solar panels (not included) or in 7-8 hours by plugging it into the cigarette outlet in your car. If you have access to a wall outlet then a full charge can be achieved in as little as 6-7 hours.
At only 6.4kg / 14.1lbs and measuring 294 x 202 x 202mm / 11.57 x 7.95 x 7.95in, the T-500 is fairly light and compact so it is easy to take along on road trips, camping adventures, fishing trips, hunting, boating, or RVing. There is also a built-in LED flashlight that comes in handing when the sun goes down, it also has a strobe-SOS modes in case of an emergency.
Don’t be without power should foul weather cause a black out at home or you just need to keep your camping life electrified on the road—the Grecell T-500 Portable Power Station is a must have.
- Large capacity battery 519.48Wh/500W, suitable for home and outdoor
- Portable and compact, light weight, only 14.11 pounds
- 10 output ports, can supply a variety of common electrical equipment
- Pure sine wave, AC port, provide stable power output
- Premium BMS and MPPT, safe and reliable
- User-friendly LCD Display is as simple to read as it gets
- Bright LED flashlight shines through the dark in the event of emergencies or blackouts
- Support pass-through charging & Sustainable solar charging & Convenient Car Charging
Battery Capacity: 519.48 Watt-hours / 22.2V / 140400mAh
Battery Cell Type: NCM Li-ion Battery
Input power: 105W(Max)
Dimensions: 294 x 202 x 202mm / 11.57 x 7.95 x 7.95in
Weight: 6.4kg / 14.1lbs
Output: 500 Watts
AC Ports: 2 x 3-prong Pure Sine Wave, 110V~60Hz, Total 500W
DC Ports: 2 x 12V/5A, 1 x “car port” 12V/10A, Wireless phone charging 10W
USB-A ports: 3 x 5V⎓3.0A, 9V⎓2A, 12V⎓1.5A 18W
USB-C Power Delivery port: 5V/ 9V/12V/15V/20V⎓3A (Max.60W )
DC / PV input: 12V~26V
Black Crows Women's Ferus Mechanical Jacket
Black Crow’s new Women's Ferus Mechanical Jacket is a non-insulated ski jacket ideal for layering over a mid-layer for the resort or some backcountry laps. The Ferus is constructed with a mechanical stretch fabric that enhances comfort and provides some additional freedom of movement and has an inner lining that provides some extra warmth but won’t over heat you. It has a relaxed fit, and a slightly long cut so there is plenty of room for layering and it won’t impede your movement when skiing or ski touring. It has a long set of features which include a removable powder for those deep days, zippers under the arms to vent off excessive heat, a helmet compatible hood and a built-in RECCO reflector. It also has a bunch of pockets for storing anything and everything, these include the chest pockets, hand pockets and ski pass pocket on the sleeve—all of which use YKK water-repellent zippers. Inside there is also a large mesh pocket and a zipped napoleon pocket for securing more smaller valuable items.
Functionality paired with style is what defines the Blackcrows Ferus Mechanical Jacket and why it is sure to be a favourite with the lady rippers.
- Front opening with Aquaguard YKK waterproof zip
- Attached , 3D hood latch on the front and back
- Closed chest pockets with YKK water-repellent zips, wipe glasses
- Visible hand pockets closed with YKK water-repellent zips
- Skipass pocket at the bottom of the sleeve closed with YKK water-repellent zip
- Inside pockets: large mesh pocket + zipped napoleon pocket
- Zipped underarm ventilation, zipped under piping
- Adjustable cuffs with velcro tabs, lycras sleeves with push-through
- Removable powder skirt with elastic silicone support band
- RECCO reflector
- 2L mechanical stretch, 100% recycled lining, Primaloft black eco
- Composition is 45% Repreve polyester, 55% polyester
Colours: Light Blue, Burgundy, Off White, Black
Sizes: XS, S, M, L
Ortovox Ravine 34 Pack
If you are looking for a lightweight and technical freeride ski touring pack then the Ortovox Ravine 34 Pack may be the one for you. It has a clean ergonomic design which is very compact yet full of features you’ll need while ski touring. There is a traditional top access to the main compartment but Orotovox also incorporated a large side zipper so you can easily swing the pack around under one arm to access anything inside the pack without having to take it off your back. There is also a separate lower zippered section on the bottom of the pack which is ideal for stowing crampons or climbing skins and keeping them separated from the rest of your gear inside the pack if you choose. A separate safety compartment on the front of the pack provides quick access to all emergency avalanche equipment and keeps them separate from the main compartment of the Ravine so that there is no wasted time during an emergency.
Several ski attachment options are available on the Ravine 34 Pack, you can carry extra wide freeride skis A-frame style or with the aid of a quick-attach parallel ski fastener and built-in carabiner, you can quickly carry your skis diagonally without ever having to remove the pack, making for faster and safer transitions. There are also attachment options for ski poles, a rope, a helmet and ice screws. Inside the Ravine there is a map compartment and hydration pocket to accommodate a hydration system.
The Ravine has what Ortovox calls their ‘Ergonomic Full Contact Light Back System’ which distributes the pack’s load optimally across the wearer’s back, fitting snugly to the spine without slipping which is as important on the ski down as it is on the climb up. Available in 26, 28, 32, and 34L sizes the Ravine has a size to suit everyone and is easy on the earth as it is made from recycled polyamide using a climate-neutral process and PFC-Free.
- Top and side access to main compartment
- Separate safety compartment
- Map compartment
- Quick-attach parallel ski fastener with carabiner
- A-Skifix (classic)
- D-Skifix (diagonal) with a maximum waist width of 150mm
- Holder for safety equipment
- Ice axe fixation
- Rope attachment
- Material loops
- Helmet net
- Compression strap
- CLASP protector pocket
- Hydration system compatible
- Chest strap with signal whistle
- Emergency Card
- Additional compartment for emergency equipment
- Polyamide 420 D Cordura + polyamide 100 D: 100% recycled
Colours: Arctic Grey, Hot Orange
Weight: 980g / 34.6oz
Jabra Elite 8 Active Earbuds
If you are a hardcore athlete or a weekend warrior who likes a soundtrack to go along with their adventures then you’ll likely want a pair of highly durable Jabra Elite 8 Active earbuds. In fact, Jabra states that they are “Tested to be the world's toughest earbuds – dust, water, and sweatproof”. They are rated IP68 which means that they are dustproof, waterproof and sweatproof and the case is rated IP54. The IP Rating (Ingress Protection) is made up of 2 digits, the first digit indicates the level of protection from solids (e.g. dust) and the second digit indicates the level of protection from liquids (e.g. water). A rating of 0 means there is no protection whatsoever, with a maximum level of protection (even when submerged) up to 6 for solids and 8 for liquids.
Thanks to what Jabra calls ShakeGrip (their rubbery grip coating) they’ll stay put in your ears no matter how hard you try to shake them and with three ear tips options (10mm, 12mm, and 14mm) there is a size guarantee to fit every ear.
The Elite 8 Active Earbuds use Adaptive Hybrid Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) which is reported to be 1.6 times stronger than previous versions, for those times when you don’t want to hear your surroundings—like on an airplane with a screaming baby. They use Dolby Audio for a rich sound with a deep base and clear high and mid tones.
The charging case has a nice new slider shape and is light and pocketable. The battery life is excellent with a total of 56 hours of playtime between the earbuds and charge case (with ANC off), if you turn ANC on you’ll get 32 hours of playtime. The earbuds themselves get an impressive 14 hours of play time and with ANC on this is reduced to 8 hours. The Jabra Elite 8 Active shares the same comfortable aesthetic as Jabra’s current earbuds and they’re still reasonably lightweight at 5g per bud and 46g for the case.
If you don’t need the high level of durability the Jabra Elite 8 Active Earbuds provide then you may want to consider the Jabra’s top-of-the-line Elite 10 Earbuds which have all the same great features but you get a longer-lasting battery along with Jabra’s Advanced ANC. Although they are not rated to be as durable as the Elite 8 Active earbuds they are still plenty robust.
- Military Standard (MIL-STD-810h)
- Active Noise Cancellation (ANC): Adaptive Hybrid ANC
- Automatic volume adjustment
- Six MEMS microphones with a bandwidth of 100Hz - 8000Hz
- Dolby Audio Spatial sound
- Noise-isolating fit
- Speaker size: 6mm | 0.2in
- Speaker bandwidth (music mode): 20Hz - 20000Hz
- Speaker bandwidth (speak mode): 100Hz - 8000Hz
- Audio codecs supported: AAC, SBC
- Jabra ShakeGrip™Liquid silicone rubber
- In-ear pressure relief
- In-ear true wireless earbuds
- Silicone EarGels: Large, medium, and small
- Wireless charging
- Music time total ANC off (earbuds & charging case) Up to 56 hours
- Music time ANC off (earbuds) Up to 14 hours
- Music time with ANC (earbuds) Up to 8 hours
- Music time with ANC (earbuds & charging case) Up to 32 hours
- Charging time: Up to 3 hours
- Fast charge: 5 minutes will give up to 1 hour
- Standby time: Up to 315 days
- Bluetooth® version 5.3
- Earbuds, 3 sets of EarGels™, charging case, USB-C to USB-A cable, warranty and warning leaflet
Colours: Navy Blue, Caramel, Black, Grey
Weight: 5g / 0.2oz (each earbud); 46.4g / 1.6oz(charging case)
IP rating: IP68 (headset); IP54 (charging case)
Charging case dimensions (WxHxD): 24.4mm x 46.9mm x 65.4mm | 1in x 1.8in x 2.6in
Fjallraven Women’s Keb Fleece Hoodie
Warm and comfortable are the staples of any successful hoody and Fjallraven's new Women’s Keb Fleece Hoodie is that and more. It uses a recycled polyester and traceable wool blend with reinforced with G-1000 fabric over the shoulders for improved mobility and durability in high-wear areas. This provides a great insulating value (even when wet) while also being naturally odour-resistant and moisture-wicking. This makes the Keb Fleece Hoodie the perfect mid-layer for hiking and trekking all year round. This year it's been updated with a two-way front zipper with chin guard, improved hood construction, and an updated fit. It not only performs well but looks great too so you can wear it from the trailhead to the coffee shop and around the house.
- Warm fleece hoodie with G-1000 reinforcements over the shoulders and snug-fitting hood.
- Made from recycled polyester and traceable wool with a flat-knitted, low-friction exterior and a brushed finish interior.
- Perfect as an insulating and moisture-wicking mid layer for all-year-round activities.
- Vertical zippered chest pocket and two zippered hand pockets.
- 7% elastane, 20% wool (traceable), 73% polyester (recycled)
- Reinforcement areas: Shoulders G-1000®: 65% polyester (recycled), 35% cotton (organic)
Colours: Mesa Purple, Black, Deep Forest
Sizes: XXS, SX, M, L, XL
On a budget? Then check out our Best Gifts in the $50-$100 price range. If you want to spend a little more then there is always the Best Gifts $100-$200 price range as well, and don't forget about part one of the $200+ category. Happy Shopping.