Avalanche Conditions Report #1 - VideoWe are back with the first Avalanche Conditions Report of the season along with Dave from Whitewater Skis Resort. While it's still early in the season and the snowpack is still building it's important to know that avalanches are still a possibility and with more loading and warming on the way it's important to get informed so watch the following video before you head out:
Some key highlights to be aware of:
- Early season conditions do exist so please ski and ride with caution
- The main layer in the snowpack is the November 15/16 Rain Crust, which formed from an atmospheric river last week. Below this crust are facets.
- 10-15 cm expected Thursday night and another 5-10cm Saturday.
- This is a good time of year to get your gear out and start to practice your avalanche rescue skills.
- Whitewater Ski Resort will be closed to all access November 29 - Dec 9 for training and preparation for opening day!
- Whitewater Ski Resort's tentative opening is Dec 10th 2021