Avalanche Conditions Report - VIDEONot sure what's going on with the snowpack in the backcountry? Give this video a watch and learn about these important facts to be aware of:
- There is a November 5th crust and a November 18th crust which are both at the bottom of the snowpack and separated by some nasty facets.
- Our snowpack is capped with a 1cm thick crust buried on Dec 8th that will make the initiation of an avalanche unlikely.
- This crust is supportive and has 10cm of soft snow on top of it which is making for some good skiing.
- Avalanche Canada is calling the hazard moderate in the alpine.
- Early season conditions are present.
- Our snowpack is setting up similar to last season with some early season crust.