MEC Tour 32 Ski PackWe reviewed MEC’s Tour 32 Ski Pack last season and awarded it our prestigious Gear of the Year Award because it is solidly built, lightweight, fully featured and priced right. The Tour 32 comes in two sizes and has load lifters to help distribute the internal weight. Moulded EVA foam is used in the shoulder straps, back panel and hip belt to keep things comfy when it’s loaded up. Pockets are included on both sides of the hip belt and are a decent size for quick-access items.
The Tour 32 is quite streamlined and has been thoughtfully designed to keep things accessible if needed and hidden if not. An interesting approach has been taken to the design of the top access of this bag, it combines both a top zip and an expandable roll-top closure underneath. There are multiple carry options for skis, snowboard or snowshoes - you can side strap skis A-frame style or sling them diagonally across the back of the pack where a snowboard can be strapped vertically instead. The zippered front compartment has dedicated storage for your avalanche tools such as probe, shovel and snow saw which means they are easy to access in an emergency. There is a zippered internal under-lid pocket for valuable and quick grab items and there is even a tethered key clip so you’ll never lose your car keys again. The large zippered rear panel access provides a very large opening to access all your internal gear like a first aid kit, extra layers and food.
On the outside of the Tour 32 Ski Pack, there is an integrated helmet carry system to securely hold your helmet and when not needed it can be stowed away in a dedicated pocket to keep it out of the way.
Amazingly MEC can include all of these features into a lightweight 32L pack that retails for just $199.95, which leaves more of your gear budget for those other items you might need.
For all the details, our in-depth thoughts and more pictures of the MEC Tour 32 Pack read our full review here.
- Made of durable 210-denier nylon with UHMWPE ripstop that is water resistant
- Moulded EVA foam back panel and padded, curved shoulder straps carry the load comfortably
- The padded hip belt provides additional comfort and has 2 zippered pockets for a ski strap, tools, or snacks
- The top pocket contains a roll top collar into the main compartment and can expand/contract to create 10L of extra space for organization
- The lid has a zippered accessory pocket
- The front compartment has dedicated slots for your probe, shovel and snow saw
- The zippered internal pocket has a key clip to secure your keys and ID
- Side compression straps and A-frame style loops carry skis
- Stowable webbing straps hold a snowboard or snowshoes and can be rigged for diagonal ski carry
- Stowable helmet carry can easily deploy when needed
- Stowable webbing loops hold ice axes or ski poles
- Internal hydration sleeve lets you add your own reservoir (sold separately)
Sizes: Short/Standard, Standard/Long
Fabric: 210-denier ripstop nylon
Weight: 1.1kg / 2.4lb (short/standard)
Colours: Black, Blue Grotto